Each skiptrace includes searches into public record, credit headers, phone listings, and postal information, plus telephone interviews with neighbors, relatives, and/or associates to determine a current, verified address.
Standard Skiptrace: Flat rate dependent on volume – No-charge if not-found
Definition of a Standard Skiptrace:
– An assignment where we have a reasonable opportunity to successfully locate the subject.
– The job has not been “beaten to death” before assigned to Merlin Locate Services. We’re happy to work jobs that have already been worked, however, if you consider yourself to be an excellent skiptracer and you cannot locate the subject, this is an “In-Depth” assignment and should be submitted as such.
– Once the assignment is underway, if we determine that the job is not actually a “Standard Skiptrace”, we will notify you of such and either recommend the job be canceled at no charge or converted to an “In-Depth” Skiptrace.
In-Depth Skiptrace: Hourly rate dependent on volume – One hour minimum
If after the pre-authorized hour of research, Merlin Locate Services is unable to determine the subject’s verified address, MDI will contact you to authorize continued research.
Definition of an In-Depth Skiptrace:
– The subject has been previously researched and proven to be difficult to locate.
– The subject has a common name and little or no other identifying information.
– The subject is a known evader who moves regularly to avoid being located.
– You tell us your budget when you place the job. We’ll call you with a status if we reach your budget limit before we’ve located your subject. You can then either authorize additional time, cancel the job, or order a Not Found Report or Due Diligence Declaration.
• Turnaround Time: Merlin Locate Services strives to accommodate your time-frame. Just let us know your requirements when you place the assignment. If you need expedited service (24-72 hour turnaround), we may charge from $50 up to a 50% surcharge. A Priority Rush can be added to any available product.
Due Diligence Declaration or Not-Found Report
If Merlin Locate Services is unable to determine the subject’s verified address, customer may order a Not-Found Report (detailed informational report) or Due Diligence Declaration.
- Turnaround Time: Next Business Day
Place of Employment Search (POE)
Merlin Locate Services team of expert Skiptracers will research to determine and verify subject’s current place of employment or verify business ownership, including employer’s name, address, and phone number. Self-Employment is considered a billable place of employment.
- Minimum Fee: per subject found to be deceased, incarcerated, or over the age of 70
- Turnaround Time: 5-30 Business Days
Not all bank searches are the same – make sure you utilize a trusted data partner, experienced with providing accurate, quality and legal information when it comes to your next search. Merlin Locate Services Bank Search is GLBA compliant, ensuring no bank pre-texting was done to verify the account.
- Standard Search Price (one account): Pay per locate – No charge if not found
- In-Depth Search Price (all checking/savings accounts): Per hour charge – 1 hour minimum
- Locate FEIN Price (business bank searches): Pay per locate – No charge if not found
- Turnaround Time: 20-30 Business Days
If your assignment needs to be completed in 24–72 hours, we may charge from $50 up to a 50% surcharge. Priority Rush can be added to any available product.
Volume Discount & Custom Pricing
If you have a volume of skips, place of employment or bank searches, we will negotiate a flat-rate fee per job submitted or per successful locate. Contact Merlin Locate Services for further details.